The World Floor Covering Association (WFCA) offers its Sustaining, Leader, and Advocate member organizations a scholarship program designed to help their businesses and the floor covering industry grow and prosper through education and training. WFCA Sustaining member organizations are eligible to participate for WFCA/CFI training only. WFCA Leader and Advocate member organizations are eligible to participate for any approved industry training. Associate member organizations are not eligible. Trade Scholarship Awards are limited to owners and full-time employees of the eligible WFCA member organizations which are in good standing with the association at the time of the course or program. Scholarship awards are intended to help defer participant registration fees; personal and/or travel expenses are not eligible for reimbursement.
Programs offered by the WFCA will qualify for 100% of course tuition/registration fees paid up to the allowable maximum, including WFCA online training. Current WFCA Industry Certified members qualify for up to 75% of course tuition/registration fees for approved programs up to the allowable maximum. Members who are not WFCA Industry Certified qualify for up to 50% of course tuition/registration fees paid for approved programs up to the allowable maximum. (Trade Scholarships will be paid based on the lowest published registration rate.) Approved online training not sponsored by WFCA will qualify for 100% reimbursement up to the allowable maximum amount of $100.
This is a line budgeted WFCA Membership Benefit Program that terminates when funds are depleted. Funds are allocated quarterly to ensure availability throughout the year.
1. Trade scholarship applications must include all of the following:
- A completed and signed application form. Please fill in all sections.
- A brochure or announcement of the training event describing the program, dates, and cost.
2. Important: We ask that application materials be submitted for review and approval at least 30 days prior to the first day of the training event. Applications for online training may be submitted at the time of registration; 30 day notice is not required.
3. Scholarships must be used for training programs approved by the WFCA, and must be used exclusively for training directly related to the enhancement of the member’s business.
4. It is each member’s responsibility to individually submit a signed trade scholarship application, and to register for the training program (group applications are not accepted).
5. WFCA must be notified if a scholarship recipient cancels or does not attend a program. Any monies not refunded by a program will be charged to the member’s cumulative total.
6. All scholarships must be used within the current calendar year (January 1 through December 31). Scholarship funds unused during the current calendar year will not be carried over into the next calendar year.
7. Each Sustaining member organization is eligible to apply for a cumulative total of $500 from January 1 through December 31, 2018 for WFCA/CFI training only. Up to $500 may be used for approved online WFCA/CFI training programs. Each Leader and Advocate member organization is eligible to apply for a cumulative total of $500 from January 1 through December 31, 2018 for any approved industry training. Up to $500 may be used for online WFCA/CFI training programs. Up to $100 may be used for other approved industry online training.